Insight Oklahoma (ISOK) is a Schoolwide, Title I funded school. As a federally funded Schoolwide Title I school, ISOK’s primary goal is to ensure that all students, particularly those who are low-achieving, demonstrate proficient and advanced levels of achievement on State academic achievement standards.
Schoolwide programs serve all children in a school. All staff, resources, and classes are part of the overall Schoolwide program. The purpose is to generate high levels of academic achievement in core subject areas for all students, especially those students most in need. This purpose is achieved through:
- High-quality instruction
- Comprehensive reform strategies and methods that are based on the use of scientifically based research
- Strategies and practices to improve teacher quality and professional development
- Consolidated use of funds
As a school operating a schoolwide program, ISOK must conduct a comprehensive needs assessment that identifies the school’s strengths and challenges in critical areas that affect student achievement. Further, ISOK must develop a comprehensive schoolwide plan that describes how it will achieve the goals defined and that were identified by the needs assessment. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to be involved in the improvement process. Annual Title I meeting opportunities and dates will be announced in school newsletters, throughout the year.
For more information about Title I services, please contact:
Title I Coordinator
Parents Right to Know
As a school district which accepts Title I, Part A funding ISOK must notify parents of students in Title I schools that they can request information regarding their child’s teacher, including, at a minimum:
- whether the teacher has met the state requirements for licensure and certification for the grade levels and subject-matters in which the teacher provides instruction; and
- whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or their provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and
- the college major and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree; and
- whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals, and if so, their qualifications.
In addition, as a Schoolwide Title I school, ISOK must send notification if your student has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who does not meet the applicable state certification for licensure requirements at the grade level and subject area in which the teacher has been assigned. [ESSA, Section 1112(e)(1)(B)(ii)
ISOK is proud to provide your student with the best possible educational experiences. ISOK strives to recruit the most qualified, experienced, and passionate educators to work with our students. For more information regarding OK’s state certification and licensure criteria or other public-school related matters, you may go to the Oklahoma State Department website, here: http://ok.gov/sde/
Title I Documents